Lobbying and public activism
We have successfully lobbied in favor of restitution process, regarding confiscation and nationalization laws and decisions that link the Nazi occupation 1941-1944 and the forthcoming communist period.
We are especially proud of taking part in public pressure and successful passing the2016 compensation law for heirless confiscated Jewish property, the first such law envisaged by the Terezín Declaration of 46 states in 2009.
We are offering basic info on particular research results or fully accessible journal articles.
NBI has organised following conferences and public events:
- Croatian and Serbian Views on the Hungarian Revolution 1956: Messages and Controversies
- Serbian Heirless and Unclaimed Property Law: Historical Background and Actual Implementation
- The Holocaust and Restitution
- Nationalization, confiscation and restitution. Historical, legal, economic and political issues
- Urban public space and the health culture in Belgrade
- Foreigners in Belgrade in the 18th and the 19th century
- Challenging the shadow of the Iron Curtain
Round tables and presentations
Members of the NBI have participated in following events and conferences